latex packages too old

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 09:03:58 PDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Arno Hautala <arno at alum.wpi.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 19:43, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems that the latex packages is already 3 years old. I tried to
>> 'sudo port upgrade textlive'. But it doesn't upgrade. Is the port
>> outdated or there is something wrong when I update the package?
>
> The current TexLive port is "texlive @2009, Revision 3".
>
> Have you run "port selfupdate" lately?

I just run 'sudo port selfupdate' then 'sudo port upgrade outdated'.
But I see the following error. How to 'deactivate this port'?

--->  Computing dependencies for texlive-bin
--->  Dependencies to be installed: poppler
--->  Activating poppler @0.14.3_0
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
/opt/local/bin/pdffonts is being used by the active xpdf port.  Please
deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f activate poppler' to force
the activation.
Log for poppler is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_poppler/main.log
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: poppler
Error: Problem while installing texlive-bin
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

--
Regards,
Peng