how to cross compile?

Dominik Reichardt domiman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 02:45:14 PDT 2011

Hmm,

I don't quite follow anyway. What do you want to compile for which target?
If you want to compile for ppc and are on intel (or other way round) you need all the needed stuff in the target arch as well. When you are on Snow Leopard and you want ppc, I don't think this works easily with macports anymore.

But there are other steps you can take, for  example build all necessary things WITHOUT macports in another prefix with the desired arch. And then when you compile the software you have to make sure that you apply some magic to build it static.

Because doing it the macports way would mean you'd need to build it static anyway (or need to install macports+xcode on the target).
Pure xcode 3.x without ios support is < 1GB, btw. And that is for Snow Leopard only anyway.
For former OSX the xcode download is even smaller.

Dom