Compiling wktraster for PostGIS

JP Glutting jpglutting at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 01:29:04 PDT 2011

I think I found my solution. The  "-k" flag to port when installing a port
keeps the source code (this is not mentioned in the online documentation,
and says only "prevents autoclean" on the man page). I learned how this
works off of this mailing list.

It leaves the source code in your MacPorts installation, so I could run the
install of the wktraster package with this flag:

sudo ./configure
--with-postgis-sources=/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_databases_postgis/work/postgis-1.5.2

Works fine.

I was under the impression that "autoclean" just got rid of the intermediate
stuff, like object files, not all of the source code (like "make clean",
basically, although I admit I don't understand all the ins and outs of
make).

Cheers,
JP