glib2 and gcc

Paul C crispy1975 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 08:03:42 PDT 2011

On 11/04/11 15:43, Andrea D'Amore wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Paul C <crispy1975 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So my first question is if these MacPort installs pull down the header
>> files and the libraries or do I need to install separate ports for the
>> headers?
>
> Header files should be there, in MP there are not *-dev packages
> à-la-Debian, a *-devel port means it's from a development snapshot
> rather than a stable version.

Based on that then it would seem there is a problem with the installed
version of gcc finding the files. Since my original post I now know that
the version of gcc being used is in /usr/bin which suggests this comes
with the Xcode tools and is not one of the gcc ports from MP? I've also
discovered the apple-gcc42 port (which has compiled and installed
correctly).

Is it possible to configure MP to use a different gcc version somewhere
to see if glib2 will compile?