why doesn't worksrcdir do what I mean?

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 12 09:03:37 PDT 2011

Sorry, here's a fragment of what I was trying:

homepage        http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+pkg/WebHome
fetch.type      hg
hg.tag          ${version}
hg.url          ssh://anon@hg.opensolaris.org/hg/pkg/gate

In this case, what I fetch from Mercurial has a src tree that's the real working directory one level down from the gateway (so ${prefix}/var/macports/build/<conversion of portpath>/work/${distname}/src). Now, I can indeed use configure.dir etc. to work around this. If, however, I compare this to a port like kerberos5, it seems there that one is able to set worksrcdir to ${distname}/src and not have to worry about changing the working directories for subsequent operations. What I'm saying is that worksrcdir seems to end up semantically different if I'm fetching from certain kinds of SCM rather than using other kinds of extracts, requiring me to make other changes. The underlying problem seems to be fetching from some of the SCMs to worksrcpath instead of distpath, where making the two the same thing means when fetching that I have to change the working directory for other operations derived from worksrcdir because of how I'm fetching, where it seems that the working path should be able to be defined distinctly from where the source is fetched rather than made identical to it. I think.