Octave-zenity port problem

imagamca im.a.g.amca at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 10:11:52 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have installed both octave and zenity through MacPorts and the
installation seems to have gone fine. I see the .m files for the
package but whenever I try to call any of the functions I get the
following:

octave:17> zenity_text_info(d,'test')
sh: zenity: command not found
error: zenity_text_info:
error: called from:
error:   /opt/local/share/octave/packages/zenity-0.5.7/zenity_text_info.m
at line 52, column 5

This happens with all of the functions. I have done pkg load zenity and pkg
list, which shows that zenity is loaded. I have posted to the octave zenity
specific list but they told me that it seems to be something wrong with
MacPorts. They say the zenity command line tool is not properly installed.

Thank you

Antonio