stat

John B Brown jbb at vcn.com
Wed Apr 27 09:42:11 PDT 2011

Dear David,

	The current source for stat can be found at;
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/coreutils/ in the form .gz and .xz dated April 4th.

David Epstein wrote:
> Is there a gnu version of stat? I have a version of stat on my Mac, provided
> I suppose by Apple, in /usr/local/bin/stat, but I wanted a version that
> would have a good chance of being available on Linux platforms. I thought
> that a Macports version would most likely be a gnu version, if it exists.
>
> I tried looking for stat in this newsgroup, but there didn't seem to be
> anything appropriate. I also tried port search stat and got lots of
> irrelevant hits. Is there a better way of searching?
>
> Thanks
> David

	Shalom,

	John B. Brown.
	[jbb at vcn.com]
	358 High Street,
	Buffalo, Wyoming
	82834

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include
the freedom to make mistakes"  Mahatma Gandhi
"There was never a good war, or a bad peace."
Benjamin Franklin
"I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on
or by imbeciles who really mean it."  Mark Twain

1-307-684-9068