activate installed packaged

Kraus Philipp philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Sat Apr 30 09:08:11 PDT 2011

Hello,

I try to install kcachegrind with macports. But I see:

--->  Computing dependencies for kcachegrind
--->  Dependencies to be installed: kdelibs3 aspell gettext expat
libiconv gperf ncurses ncursesw texinfo xz autoconf263 help2man p5-
locale-gettext perl5 perl5.12 m4 bzip2 dejavu-fonts fontconfig
freetype zlib flex glib2 autoconf automake dbus libtool pkgconfig
hicolor-icon-theme jasper jpeg libart_lgpl libidn libpng libxml2
libxslt mesa makedepend xorg-xproto tcl xorg-dri2proto xorg-glproto
xorg-libXfixes xorg-fixesproto xorg-libX11 xorg-bigreqsproto xorg-
inputproto xorg-kbproto xorg-libXau xorg-libXdmcp xorg-libxcb python27
db46 gdbm openssl readline sqlite3 xorg-libpthread-stubs xorg-xcb-
proto xorg-util-macros xorg-xcmiscproto xorg-xextproto xorg-
xf86bigfontproto xorg-xtrans xorg-libXi xorg-libXext xorg-libXmu xorg-
libXt xorg-libsm xorg-libice openexr ilmbase gsed pcre qt3 Xft2
xrender xorg-renderproto xorg-libXcursor xorg-libXinerama xorg-
xineramaproto xorg-libXrandr xorg-randrproto tiff unsermake python26
--->  Activating expat @2.0.1_1
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/
bin/xmlwf already exists and does not belong to a registered port.
Unable to activate port expat. Use 'port -f activate expat' to force
the activation.
Error: Failed to install expat
Log for expat is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_textproc_expat/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: kdelibs3 aspell
gettext expat libiconv gperf ncurses ncursesw texinfo xz autoconf263
help2man p5-locale-gettext perl5 perl5.12 m4 bzip2 dejavu-fonts
fontconfig freetype zlib flex glib2 autoconf automake dbus libtool
pkgconfig hicolor-icon-theme jasper jpeg libart_lgpl libidn libpng
libxml2 libxslt mesa makedepend xorg-xproto tcl xorg-dri2proto xorg-
glproto xorg-libXfixes xorg-fixesproto xorg-libX11 xorg-bigreqsproto
xorg-inputproto xorg-kbproto xorg-libXau xorg-libXdmcp xorg-libxcb
python27 db46 gdbm openssl readline sqlite3 xorg-libpthread-stubs xorg-
xcb-proto xorg-util-macros xorg-xcmiscproto xorg-xextproto xorg-
xf86bigfontproto xorg-xtrans xorg-libXi xorg-libXext xorg-libXmu xorg-
libXt xorg-libsm xorg-libice openexr ilmbase gsed pcre qt3 Xft2
xrender xorg-renderproto xorg-libXcursor xorg-libXinerama xorg-
xineramaproto xorg-libXrandr xorg-randrproto tiff unsermake python26

I wouldn't like to run "port -f activate expat" macports copy all data
to *.mp_*". Can I tell port, that it uses the installed version?
Because during installation there are other packages like ncurses, ...
so I would not to update them
kcachegrind would like to use other depencies, can I tell port, that
it solve the other packages?

Thanks

Phil