build errors help

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 21:16:37 PDT 2011

While I don't necessarily disagree with keeping list traffic small (though
perhaps small is relative these days), I asked for the logs because often
it's impossible to help without them.  Do or should we have a policy of
"only post compressed logs" or, never post logs?  Obviously if it's a bug
then a ticket should be filed, but sometimes people don't know.  Maybe the
question is, where is the first place to look for help, list or trac?

Scott

On Aug 2, 2011 8:39 PM, "Ryan Schmidt" <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

On Aug 2, 2011, at 16:58, Luke Thomas Mergner wrote:

> Per a request I uploaded the log files but ...
I rejected your email because it was too large. Many people subscribe to
this list and most will not be interested in your logs. I suggest you file a
bug report in the issue tracker where you can attach whatever files are
needed.