gcc 4.6 port for OSX Lion

vincent habchi vince at macports.org
Thu Aug 4 03:32:43 PDT 2011

Salut Christophe,

> I need to install gcc 4.6 on OSX Lion. I found serveral ports that mention
> gcc in their title, but I'm not sure of which one to choose.

You can’t. Well, there is a gcc46 port but it installs a deprecated ß-version. I myself tried to update the port and install gcc 4.6.[01]: It fails because of a ld (1) bug in the 10.7 toolchain – at least, if you want gfortran to be built: It does not seem to plague C, C++ and obj-C front-ends.

So, if you are just interested in the C-family languages, I can give you the portfile so you can have a try.

Ciao !
Vincent

PS: pas d’espaces en anglais avant ! et ?, contrairement au français… :)