texlive-basic update broken

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Wed Aug 10 02:06:36 PDT 2011

Hi Dan,

All I was trying to point out is that what ever source macports is distributing
that they are not using the the final real ease or have not finished porting TexLive 2011
completely, yet.

The MacTeX Distribution works fine, so TeXLive 2011 is sane.

Also, there was a discussion mentioned over at TUG. The discussion had to pertain
to developmental software or the testing phase leading to the final release. So that
mention was irrelevant.

As I suggested switch to the MacTex Distribution. I see no need to have the macports
distribution installed and macports can work just fine with MacTeX.

The MacTeX versions of TexLive are more sane and carefree.

If you can not wait do not complain, switch to MacTeX. Like I said those porting
are volunteers and try to do their best. Yet, they need TIME.

regards
	Keith.