texlive-basic update broken

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Wed Aug 10 11:20:15 PDT 2011

Hi Mojca,

Slow your horses down a bit!

First I have said that I am using MacTeX, not macports! So, I am not
aware how far the macport port of TeXLive 2011 is!

Second I mentioned that their are caveats to using macports.
This is especially true of TeXLive and the way macports works.

As mentioned by Paulo in a later message:
> Mojca spotted the problem (thanks!): it seems that I had an older version of "texlive-lang-cjk" installed that was not being reported by "port" as such (I had some trouble when moving to Lion and is possible that I messed up something). Anyway, after chasing and deleting all "texmf*" and "texlive*" folders and files on "/opt/local", I was able to successfully install the 2011 version of TexLive. Thanks you all for the great support.

Thirdly, I have been using MacTeX for several years, now and never had TL break
after an update!

Fourth, I never addressed the maintainer to abandon the port, just a user wanting to have
a working TL distribution.

Fifth, I have stated that the macport maintainers/volunteers are doing a great job and
getting better.

If macports has rewritten the XeTeX engine to run 64-bit then it would be nice if they
shared their code with the TL and MacTeX community, so that all may benefit from it as
this is the only piece of code that is not 64-bit.

Mojca you may not like my opinions, but please refrain from putting "words in my mouth"
that I did not say nor intend.

regards
	Keith.