Error: Unable to open port: invalid command name "installs_libs"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 11 15:34:40 PDT 2011

On Aug 11, 2011, at 15:36, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 15:48, Andrew Todd wrote:
>> Error: Unable to open port: invalid command name "installs_libs"
>>
>> I've been seeing this error on some (but not all) ports that I try to
>> install, upgrade, or clean lately. Renameutils, for instance. Using
>> MacPorts 1.9.2, the most recent version. Any ideas? Thanks.

"installs_libs" is a new command in MacPorts 2.0. You'll need to "sudo port selfupdate" to this version. Depending on how many ports you have installed, this may take several hours, as your existing ports will need to be converted to a new format for MacPorts 2.0.

> The most recent version of MacPorts is 2.0.1 on Lion and 2.0.0 elsewhere.

MacPorts 2.0.1 is the current version on all versions of Mac OS X that MacPorts runs on. (Tiger and up.)