svn question

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 14 23:20:13 PDT 2011

On Aug 14, 2011, at 18:42, mark brethen wrote:

> For ports that use svn, can I use the svn installed with mac os, or install the svn port first?

Tiger does not come with any version of Subversion so MacPorts will use the subversion port when it needs to fetch ports from svn.

Leopard includes Subversion 1.5.x which is too old and doesn't have one of the features we want to use so on Leopard too we use the subversion port when needed.

Snow Leopard and up include a recent enough version of Subversion so MacPorts will use that for ports that fetch from svn.

In no case do you need to worry about manually installing the subversion port; MacPorts will do so for you if necessary.