port selfupdate fails

Andrew Long andrew.long at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 11:36:25 PDT 2011

On 15 Aug 2011, at 18:52, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Andrew Long wrote:
>>
>> Can someone please tell me where to look for the log, so I can have a try at self-diagnosing, or perhaps tell me where to look for what the *real* problem is?
>
> I'm not sure where the log is (someone else probably knows and can tell you), but you can run selfupdate with the verbose (or debug) mode to see what is going on.
>
> I usually run like this:
>
> sudo port -dv selfupdate

Thanks for this suggestion. It has produce a log file that seems to indicate that I have, in fact, got *two* problems. Here are the relevamnt portions of the log file:-

----
Creating port index in /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports
Failed to parse file perl/p5-text-tabsxwrap/Portfile: can't set "depends_lib": invalid depspec: port:p5.12-text-tabs+wrap

Total number of ports parsed:   1
Ports successfully parsed:      0
Ports failed:                   1
Up-to-date ports skipped:       12054
++++

and

----
/usr/bin/cc -dynamiclib -g -O2 -W -Wall -pedantic  -I/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/1.9.1/include    -Wl,-single_module registry.o util.o entry.o entryobj.o ../cregistry/cregistry.a -o registry.dylib -L/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5 -ltclstub8.5   -L/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/1.9.1/lib -lsqlite3
ld: warning: in /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/1.9.1/lib/libsqlite3.dylib, missing required architecture x86_64 in file

++++

I'm not sure about the perl issue; there doesn't appear to be a port with that title (according to port info) although there is a Portfile in the relevant location /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/perl/p5-text-tabsxwrap/Portfile

The sqllite issue appears to be related to the /Library/Frameworks for mono not including a universal binary - as this isn't a port, I'm trying to install the available mono ports (mono, mono-basic & mono-addins)

More later.

Regards, Andy

--
Andrew Long