port selfupdate incredibly slow

Federico Calboli f.calboli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 03:23:20 PDT 2011

On 17 Aug 2011, at 11:19, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Correct, MacPorts 1.x was not compatible with Lion, if that's what you mean.
>
>> so all I see now is post fresh install of MP 2.0.1 from disk image.
>
> FYI, installing a MacPorts disk image over an existing MacPorts install would not uninstall any ports you had already installed.

As I wiped my disk and installed Lion from a bootable USB key I made with my copy of Lion (I did this to maximise performance), I had nothing in the way of MacPorts

All I am saying is, on the same machine the selfupdate step was much faster in SL. I would not know wy that is, but it is a very noticeable difference.

Bw

Federico Calboli
f.calboli at gmail.com