Upgrade Fedora Mac OS X cross-compiler from GCC 4.2 (4.0?) to latest 4.6

Ruben Van Boxem vanboxem.ruben at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 02:42:36 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have recently discovered Fedora's darwinx project (inspired created
and lead by Erik Van Pienbroek).

I asked him if he was interested in upgrading the
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc he delivered from an old 4.2 version to 4.6.
He was interested, but only if the new version is as stable as the
official apple-patched old version. I would think so, because MacPorts
provides a 4.6 build, which obviously seems to work fine.

Is it easily feasible to build a gcc 4.6 for Mac OS X?

Thanks!

Ruben