Where is gcc_select installed?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 21:12:28 PST 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 00:03, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering where gcc_select is installed? I have it installed already.
>
> /opt/local/var/macports$ port installed |grep gcc_select
>  gcc_select @0.1_5 (active)
>
> According to this page, there should be a command called gcc_select.
> But I just don't find one. Is my understanding wrong?

Looks like the docs are out of date:

    haral:19028 Z$ port contents gcc_select
    Port gcc_select contains:
      /opt/local/etc/select/gcc/base
      /opt/local/etc/select/gcc/gcc42
      /opt/local/etc/select/gcc/llvm-gcc42
      /opt/local/etc/select/gcc/none

In any case, the functionality was folded into MacPorts itself recently;
see the port select command.