standard variants for py26-numpy

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Mon Feb 14 12:42:50 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 08:50:13PM +0100, Olaf Foellinger said:
> Hi,
>
> for quite some time I'm using macports now, main target is gnucash.
> Thanks for all the work and the support.
>
> Today I've noticed during an upgrade that macports tries to install
> atlas. That's because it's a standard dependency of py26-numpy.
> py26-numpy also adds gcc44 this way which is quite a lot for gnucash
> users. I would recommend to omit atlas from the default dependencies of
> p25-numpy. What do you think? Should I enter a ticket for this?

Use -atlas to disable that variant, which also has the effect of disabling
the need for a new gcc as well:

$ sudo port install py26-numpy -atlas

If you're using the new sqlite format for the registry, this will be
properly recorded but you won't see in in just a 'port installed'; you need
to use verbose to see it:

$ port -v installed py26-numpy
  py26-numpy @1.5.1_1-atlas (active) platform='darwin 10' archs='x86_64'

Bryan