MacPorts without root privileges: how?

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 12:08:00 PST 2011

I'll just make a general comment, that, in my understanding, MacPorts
is generally intended to be installed with root permissions.  There
are some attempts made to make it possible to work without them, but
with only a limited amount of volunteer time spent maintaining things,
it isn't the top priority.  I'm not saying you're wrong to ask for
help with this, just that if all the answers aren't immediately
forthcoming, it's because this is probably somewhat uncharted
territory!  Good luck!

Scott