Problem running python_select

Salman Zubair Toor salman.toor at it.uu.se
Fri Feb 18 10:15:21 PST 2011

Hi,

I am new to the Macports. I have Snow Leopard and I have installed
macports using  Macports-1.9.2-10.6.dmg.

The problem is, after installation it don't have /opt/local/Library
directory. When I install python it puts everything in /opt/local/ (I
mean in lib and bin directories).

macport.conf have

-----------------
# Directory containing Applications from ports.
applications_dir        /Applications/MacPorts

Thats why I think "python_select" fails to set the current version.

Do I need to specify any flag while installation, which install things
in Frameworks?

I have also tried with the source but with the standard commands (./
configure , make, make install) but no luck.

Regards..
Salman.