MacPorts throws errors on everything (include uninstall) since selfupdate

Aba-Sah Dadzie a.dadzie at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 06:42:23 PST 2011

HI Harald,

unfortunately the log file's gone now, so cdn't get the values. I just
managed to get graphviz to install (by using the -f flag with install),
then retried emacs-app, and this time everything was fine, the original
log file has disappeared, so I get the impression it was overwritten.

So either it's just been fixed or whatever the issue was happened to
have been resolved in the previous install with the override.

thanks again for your help.
Aba-Sah

P.S. One other thing I discovered, by checking the output during the
graphviz install with -f, is that the dbus dependencies which broke that
initially was because in /Library/LaunchDaemons on my machine the plist
file I needed to delete was "org.freedesktop.dbus-system.*" rather than
"org.macports.*", which is what the uninstall list includes - I didn't
have the latter on my machine.