problems installing glade3

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Feb 21 15:39:07 PST 2011

On Feb 21, 2011, at 09:16, Tim Bunnell wrote:

> I have been trying to install glade3, but cannot seem to get past an attempt to install gcc44. The compiler (the current Xcode gcc4.2.1) is segment faulting while trying to compile libjava. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem and/or have suggestions for correcting it?

Please supply more information, such as a log of this failure; perhaps file a bug report in our issue tracker.

> By the way, why is gcc4.4.5 required for glade3?

This is the dependency chain:

glade3 depends on py26-gtk
py26-gtk depends on py26-cairo
py26-cairo depends on py26-numpy
py26-numpy depends on atlas
atlas depends on gcc44
py26-numpy also depends on gcc44 when used with atlas

atlas and py26-numpy can be made to use other compilers if you already have another version of gcc build; see "port variants atlas" and "port variants py26-numpy".

py26-numpy can also be made to not use atlas at all ("sudo port install py26-numpy -atlas") if you prefer.