Installing phpmyadmin with php52

John Korchok jkorchok at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 10:17:17 PST 2011

I'm trying to install phpmyadmin on a machine running drupal6. This means
that php52 is installed instead of php5.

Phpmyadmin requires php5-gd. As soon as php5-gd starts to install, it tries
to download php 5.3.3. Is there any way to avoid this? Phpmyadmin also
requires php5-mbstring, php5-mcrypt, php5-mysql and php5-zip, all of which
depend on php5 rather than php52. Is there a flag to install the
dependencies without php getting upgraded? I saw there was a ticket
requesting a phpmyadmin variant for php52 (ticket # 23329), but the request
was turned down.

On a related question, is drupal6 ever being upgrading to php5? It's been
compatible for quite a while now...

--
John Korchok