perl5, perl5.* changes

Mark Hattam mark at dxradio.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 26 08:22:56 PST 2011

On 26 Feb 2011, at 16:15, Marko Käning wrote:

>> What am I supposed to do ??
>>
>> The following installed ports are outdated:
>> perl5                          5.8.9_0 < 5.12.3_0
>> perl5.8                        5.8.9_3 < 5.8.9_4
>> All Done
>> iMac:~ mark$ sudo port upgrade perl5
>> --->  Fetching perl5.12
>> --->  Attempting to fetch perl-5.12.3.tar.bz2 from http://lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/perl5.12
>> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for perl5.12
>> --->  Extracting perl5.12
>> --->  Applying patches to perl5.12
>> --->  Configuring perl5.12
>> --->  Building perl5.12
>> --->  Staging perl5.12 into destroot
>> --->  Installing perl5.12 @5.12.3_0
>> --->  Activating perl5.12 @5.12.3_0
>> --->  Cleaning perl5.12
>> --->  Computing dependencies for perl5
>> --->  Fetching perl5
>> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for perl5
>> --->  Extracting perl5
>> --->  Configuring perl5
>> --->  Building perl5
>> --->  Staging perl5 into destroot
>> --->  Computing dependencies for perl5
>> --->  Installing perl5 @5.12.3_0+perl5_12
>> --->  Deactivating perl5 @5.8.9_0
>> --->  Activating perl5 @5.12.3_0+perl5_12
>> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/bin/a2p is being used by the active perl5.8 port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f activate perl5' to force the activation.
>> Log for perl5 is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_perl5/main.log
>

> Hi Mark,
>
> I had the same problem. I tried once more to activate the port an all was fine:
>
> sudo port activate perl5
>
> Since at this state the port is already successfully installed, but for some reason unable to get activated during the upgrade process. Could be that some perl processes are still running at this momen.
>
> Let me know whether the activation solves this issue also for you.
>
> Greets,
> Marko

Didn't work

iMac:~ mark$ sudo port activate perl5
--->  The following versions of perl5 are currently installed:
--->      perl5 @5.8.9_0
--->      perl5 @5.12.3_0+perl5_12
Error: port activate failed: Registry error: Please specify the full version as recorded in the port registry.

iMac:~ mark$ sudo port activate perl5 @5.12.3_0+perl5_12
--->  Computing dependencies for perl5
--->  Activating perl5 @5.12.3_0+perl5_12
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/bin/a2p is being used by the active perl5.8 port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f activate perl5' to force the activation.
Log for perl5 is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_registry_portfiles_perl5_5.12.3_0+perl5_12/main.log
Warning: Failed to execute portfile from registry for perl5 @5.12.3_0+perl5_12
--->  Activating perl5 @5.12.3_0+perl5_12
Error: port activate failed: Image error: /opt/local/bin/a2p is being used by the active perl5.8 port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f activate perl5' to force the activation.

Mark