perl5, perl5.* changes

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Sat Feb 26 19:03:50 PST 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 16:47, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:

> My personal opinion is that we shouldn't bother with the 5.x ports. We should have moved perl5 from 5.8 to 5.10 to 5.12 and just rev-bumped the p5 ports when the changes were made ...

This sounds pretty sane. Are there any reports of any modules breaking
within the 5 series? Is there any actual risk of breakage in moving
from 5.8 to 5.10 to 5.12? Looking at the announcements, I don't see
any potential issues, just additional features. Is there any reason to
keep the older perl versions?

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448