Apache "upgrade outdated" overwrites index.html

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Sun Jan 2 12:46:17 PST 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:44 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> How do you mean? Isn't this just simply:
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/22371
> Isn't this just a one- or two-line fix in the apache2 (and apache and apache20) Portfile(s) to make it not own that file?

Yes, it is.

The project aimed at keeping track of specific files from an image
marked as "configuration files" by storing checksums at activation
phase, then upgrade those files silently when they haven't been edited
or merge them, overwrite the new one or keep the old one if those
files have been edited.

When I read the email from the OP I confused index.html with
httpd.conf but the point (somehow) still applies, index.html could be
treated as a configuration file too.

Obviously removing index.html in post-destroot will handle this specific issue.

--
Andrea