inkscape 0.48.0_1 launch failure

~suv suv-sf at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 3 13:07:56 PST 2011

On 3/1/11 21:54, Ivan Kawaler wrote:
> Inkscape managed to launch correctly the first time, but ever since I
> have been getting an error:  "Inkscape encountered an internal error and
> will close now." I'm working on a PPC machine with a recently completed,
> clean install of 10.5.8, and a clean install of MacPorts and selected
> ports. Does anyone have any ideas on where the issue could be? Does this
> sound like a possible bug report?

Yes, it's a known issue (due to changes in GTK+ 2.22) that will be fixed
in the soon-to-be-released Inkscape 0.48.1

Bug #651678 in Inkscape: “crashes with assertion failure on startup”:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/651678>

For a workaround until then, install the gnome icon theme and use it as
described in
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/651678/comments/22>

hth, ~suv