Autoconf 2.68 vs. 2.67 problem

~suv suv-sf at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 4 15:45:49 PST 2011

On 5/1/11 00:00, Dominik Reichardt wrote:

> $ ./autogen.sh
> Generating build information using aclocal, autoheader, automake and autoconf
> This may take a while ...
> configure.in:41: warning: AC_LANG_CONFTEST: no AC_LANG_SOURCE call detected in body
> ../../lib/autoconf/lang.m4:194: AC_LANG_CONFTEST is expanded from...
> ../../lib/autoconf/general.m4:2591: _AC_COMPILE_IFELSE is expanded from...
> ../../lib/autoconf/general.m4:2607: AC_COMPILE_IFELSE is expanded from...
> configure.in:41: the top level
<...>
> Now you are ready to run ./configure.

> Anyone know what is going on here? I have it confirmed by at least
> two other users that they ran into this problem.
>
> Known issue? Something that DOSBox' autogen.sh/configure.in does
> wrong? I couldn't find a tracker for this.

Similar warning messages occur when running autogen.sh on a checkout or
local branch of Inkscape trunk (outside of MacPorts, but using the
dependencies installed via an up-to-date MacPorts installation) - only
noticed after the autoconf port was updated to 2.68. It doesn't cause
any configure and/or build failures though for Inkscape AFAICT.

(Attached log file is from 2010-11-09; warnings still occur when
rebuilding after updating the checkout/branch via bazaar)

~suv