ImageMagick & ghostscript @9.00_4 convert issues

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Fri Jan 7 00:47:12 PST 2011

On Jan 7, 2011, at 12:21 AM, Andrea D'Amore wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:25 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht
> <brad at pixilla.com> wrote:
>> The combination of ImageMagick and ghostscript @9.00_4 is producing
>> pink
>> instead of white backgrounds.
>> Reverting to ghostscript @8.71_5 and this problem goes away.
>> Has anyone else experienced problems with ghostscript @9.00_4?
>
> Can you provide a proof of concept for such a conversion? (convert
> command line and a test file)

I will start a trac ticket tomorrow. I don't own the upload files so I
will have to create one to share and test with.
If you want to test it just create a single page all white test.pdf
file will probably do it.

$ convert test.pdf test.png

>> Has the functionality of ghostscript changed with @9.00_4?
>
> I think you should better check ghostscript's changelogs.

I will look into this as well. For now reverting to the previous
version of ghostscript causes my 1+ year upload processor to work as
expected.

--
Brad