mpich2 and python

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Sat Jan 8 10:09:08 PST 2011

>From http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/files/mpich2-1.3.1-installguide.pdf

"
5.2.2 System Requirements

mpd consists of a number of components written in Python. The
configure script should automatically find a version of python in your
PATH that has all the features needed to run mpd. If for some reason
you need to pick a specific version of Python for mpd to use, you can
do so by adding

--with-python=<fullpathname of python interpreter>
"

Looks like the portfile could be set up to provide python25, python26,
etc. variants if needed...

 -Eric