Add MySQL support to previously-installed (MacPorts) PHP4

Leez theleez at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 22:59:27 PST 2011

Hi,

I already have a MySQL (5) database installed (not via MacPorts), and I
recently installed PHP4 + Apache2 via MacPorts.  PHP4 was compiled
'--without-mysql' and I would like to add MySQL support without
re-installing MySQL, or PHP4.

(Note: I have set the mysql.default_socket in php.ini, but I still get "Call
to undefined function: mysql_connect()" when trying to load PHP pages.)

I see that I have a php5-mysql port, but no php4-mysql port.  Does this
exist?  Do I need it to enable MySQL support?

Thanks!