Changing X11 interface to something better

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Tue Jan 18 23:58:18 PST 2011

On Jan 18, 2011, at 22:03, Jasper Frumau wrote:

> What different WMs are there?

gnome, kde, and xfce are the more common ones... blackbox is another minimalist one (but IIRC someone reported issues with it to x11-users but didn't provide any specific information).  I'm sure I'm offending some by not mentioning others, but that's that.

> Any tutorials out there if need be?

Yeah, search the MacPorts site for the gnome guide.

> Minimizing
> is not really necessary, but if I cannot resize an X11 app window that would
> be a real impediment..

I can't think of any wm that doesn't support resizing.  Why would you mention that?  Are you having issues resizing with quartz-wm?