swtich back to the default (Xquartz) X11 server

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jan 21 05:18:36 PST 2011

On Jan 21, 2011, at 07:14, iulian dragos wrote:

> I installed xorg from port, but now I would like to switch back to the
> Apple one. I tried uninstalling xorg, but my X applications complain:

Define "switch". How did you "switch" to the MacPorts X11 in the first place? Normally, MacPorts X11 is only running if you tell it to by opening /Applications/MacPorts/X11.app. You can configure the system to automatically open MacPorts X11. But if you did that, you'd know the commands you entered to do that, and you could follow similar steps to switch back to Apple's/Xquartz's.