dbus-launch EOF reading address from bus daemon

iulian dragos jaguarul at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 06:43:02 PST 2011

Still fighting to get 'meld' to run. Initially, dbus was crashing with
a message saying it wasn't compiled with X support.

I recompiled dbus with X support, and now I get another error:

Failed to get connection to session: Command line `dbus-launch
--autolaunch=dcd4a7ddcfeaaf21e1b9c3444d39597f --binary-syntax
--close-stderr' exited with non-zero exit status 1: EOF in dbus-launch
reading address from bus daemon\n)

Anybody has some idea about what might be wrong?

thanks,
iulian

--
« Je déteste la montagne, ça cache le paysage »
Alphonse Allais