swtich back to the default (Xquartz) X11 server

iulian dragos jaguarul at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 01:21:07 PST 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Jeremy Huddleston
<jeremyhu at macports.org> wrote:

> I didn't do anything special to make MacPorts the default X11 server.
>
> Installing xinit will install a LaunchAgent to make it the default.
>
> I was under the impression that it was always starting that one after
> I installed it. Given that so far I couldn't get anything to work from
> MacPorts
>
> specifics?

I tried xfig and meld, and I stopped there. I already lost 2 days on
this. You already replied to the other threads I started.

> , it's a bit hard to know exactly what X server it tried (and
> failed) to work with.
>
> Currently (after uninstalling xorg-server) when I run a gnome program
> I see an error (see the original message) that indicates it couldn't
> open the display.
>
> Right, because your DISPLAY is still set to the MacPorts one.  You likely
> failed to also uninstall xinit or need to just logout and back in to update
> DISPLAY.

Thanks. I managed to get xfig working by unloading the macports'
agent, but dbus is still broken. Given the amount of related tickets
on MacPorts trac, I am definitely not the only one seeing this. What I
fail to see is a single user to actually got dbus running.

thanks for taking the time to answer,
iulian

--
« Je déteste la montagne, ça cache le paysage »
Alphonse Allais