Build_arch

Xander Flood alexfloo at umich.edu
Sun Jan 23 21:11:36 PST 2011

I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.4 on an Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro. I'm trying
to get libusb (for use with libfreenect to create MEX-file wrapper).

Core 2 Duo supports both the x86_64 and i386 architectures. The MATLAB
libraries I need to use are i386 (there's nothing I can do about that short
of buying a 64-bit license all over again), but libusb is being built as
x86_64, and I obviously can't link the two together. I edited macports.conf
to change:

build_arch = i386

but it still build an x86_64 library. I've run

sudo port install libusb-devel -build-arch=i386

and again the result is the same. I'm not sure what to do, but is there any
way I can *actually* change the build architecture?