Cleaning distfiles

Jason Swails jason.swails at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 20:50:02 PST 2011

{sudo} port clean --all uninstalled

Does that do the trick?  You can optionally replace --all with --dist to
just get rid of the distfiles.  I don't want to do this to test it since I
actually want to hold on to those files.

You can also do

{sudo} port -u uninstall

to clean out all old, inactive versions (you can get the list via "port
inactive").

Hope this helps,
Jason

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Adam Mercer <ram at gravity.phys.uwm.edu>wrote:

> Hi
>
> My distfiles directory is getting quite large with old distfiles and
> sources for ports I no longer have installed, is there a simple way to
> clean this out so that the only distfiles remaining are for the ports
> that are installed?
>
> Cheers
>
> Adam

Jason M. Swails