Questions about perl modules

Rodolfo Aramayo raramayo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 09:19:32 PST 2011

Hi,

I have installed the latest versions of the following ports:

p5-compress-raw-zlib @2.027 (perl)
p5-compress-raw-bzip2 @2.031 (perl)

However, one of the dependencies of GBrowse2 asks for the very latest
versions of these scripts

Given that I do not know how to create the latest ports for these programs,
how should I proceed?

Can the maintainer of the ports upgrade them?
Should I just uninstall them and install the latest versions manually not
through ports while waiting for the ports to be upgraded?
Can anyone show me how to create a port? If I learn, I might be able to
start contributing more often upgrading ports

Finally, are there any plans to port BioPerl?

Thank you so much
--Rodolfo