iOS cross compiling support

James Gregurich bayoubengal at mac.com
Wed Jan 26 13:11:13 PST 2011

yes. I am after the triplet for the host system. I don't see a way to automatically obtain the triplet for an arbitrary target. I have added options to the config file which I can use (in addition to configure.build_arch) to derive the appropriate triplets for an iOS device and the iOS simulator.  I suppose I'll add one more option to allow for an explicit specification of the parts of the triplet besides the build_arch.

just a thought.... Is there a way to deduce the information for the triplet by invoking the target's compiler without having to actually run code on the target device?

-James