KDE4 + digiKam error

Thibaut Cousin informatique at thibaut-cousin.net
Mon Jan 31 23:09:21 PST 2011

Le 1 févr. 2011 à 05:35, jrodri14ii at gmail.com a écrit :

> Hi! I'm trying to get digiKam working on my macbook. Unfortunately, digiKam does not see my files. I am trying to figure out how to get it to see pictures, but I can't.
>
> Also, whenever I try to open up a browsing window (In other programs, like cantor), I get the following error:
>
> Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
> klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_file'.
>
> So I can't browse through my directories.
>
> And, by the way, thank you for this excellent software libre!

  I have the exact same problèm with Kile. It's not a chown problem in the Preferences directory, unfortunately. I had the exact same behavior a couple of versions ago with the klauncher bug. This new bug appeared when I upgraded to KDE 4.6.

  In fact I've been unable to have any fully functional KDE app for some weeks new... Sometimes everything is unusable (the klauncher bug, or the new bug), sometimes it's bearable (like Kile unable to launch latex ou okular). I don't know enough to make sure, but it looks to me like a problem with KDE itself.
  I'm making a clean install of everything at the moment, we'll see.

--
Thibaut Cousin