port install zim fails: can't install p5-file-basedir?

Derek Schutt derek.schutt at colostate.edu
Sun Jul 3 21:35:07 PDT 2011

On 7/3/11 9:36 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 22:34, Derek Schutt<derek.schutt at colostate.edu>  wrote:
>> When I look at the log for the p5-file-basdir, this seems to be where things
>> are failing:
>>
>> :info:configure shell command " cd
>> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_perl_p5-file-basedir/work/File-BaseDir-0.03"
>> &&  /opt/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor " returned error 2
>> :error:configure Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
>> shell command failed (see log for details)
> No, that's just the final error summary; the actual error will be
> further back in the log file.  (Which is why it's not telling you
> anything useful.)

Thanks, perhaps this is more informative?   It looks like the module is
failing on this boot_Simple symbol?    Is this something that I should
file a bug report on?   Or is it me?

-Derek

What follows is part of the log for p5-file-basedir:

    info:configure ld: warning: in /tmp/compilet-1022715042.o, file was
    built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture
    being linked (i386)
    :info:configure ld: warning: in lib/Simple.o, file was built for
    unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked
    (i386)
    :info:configure Can't find 'boot_Simple' symbol in
    /private/tmp/MB-8cBKgtbG/Simple/blib/arch/auto/Simple/Simple.bundle
    :info:configure  at -e line 0
    :info:configure Compilation failed in require.
    :info:configure BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
    :info:configure
    :info:configure #   Failed test at t/xs.t line 49.
    :info:configure Can't find 'boot_Simple' symbol in
    /private/tmp/MB-8cBKgtbG/Simple/blib/arch/auto/Simple/Simple.bundle
    :info:configure  at -e line 0
    :info:configure Compilation failed in require.
    :info:configure BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
    :info:configure
    :info:configure #   Failed test at t/xs.t line 53.
    :info:configure #                   ''
    :info:configure #     doesn't match '(?-xism:ok$)'

    --

Derek Schutt