MacPorts 2.0.0-beta2 now available for testing
jmr at macports.org
Tue Jul 5 15:08:54 PDT 2011
Source code and disk images for MacPorts 2.0.0-beta2 are now
available . Testing of either of these install methods is helpful.
While there are no known regressions from 1.9.2 at this point, be
prepared to encounter bugs. Please report any that you find  (after
first searching Trac , of course!)
There are a large number of changes in this release. See the ChangeLog
 for a list of most of them. You may like to focus your testing on
the new features in that list, as well as your normal usage.
Notable changes since beta1 are:
* pubkeys.conf is now created by the pkg installer
* macports.conf.default and sources.conf.default are set up to use
digital signatures with sync and selfupdate (existing config files
will not be automatically modified at this time)
* fixed a minor issue with autoclean when running with dropped
* negative default variants are now displayed correctly
* the nonexistence of the configured macportsuser is now handled
* the user is created with home dir /var/empty rather than /dev/null
* a more appropriate default compiler will be chosen when using some
versions of Xcode.
More information about the macports-users