What is the proper way to go from python26 to python27?

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Wed Jul 6 10:16:51 PDT 2011

There may also be some py27-* ports missing.  If that's the case, you can probably just copy the 26-* one and edit the Portfile (s/6/7/ where appropriate).  I found a couple and added them to dports when I was creating the +python2? variants in the gnome ports.

Speaking of variants, you probably want to add +python27 to ${prefix}/etc/macports/variants.conf