Trickle bandwidth shaper

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Jul 19 15:51:55 PDT 2011

This post at Mac OS X Hints offers a possible solution for the "poll"
issue, though the author states that they did not see any effect when
using the resulting binary. Note that it includes a link to 1.07.

http://hints.macworld.com/comment.php?mode=view&cid=65362

I then also had to change line 1006 from "ifdef" to "ifndef". I'm
certainly not an expert here, but I'm not sure why the code is set up
to define "sendfile" only if it is marked as already available.

Changing that allowed trickle to compile, but, as in the Hints post,
it didn't seem to throttle anything.

As an alternative that doesn't use trickle, there's this hint at the same site:

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20080119112509736

I'd enjoy using trickle as well, but I doubt it's possible without
significant rewrites..