problem with mp-gcc after upgrading to Lion

Marcelo Chiapparini marcelo.chiapparini at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 08:33:30 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have been working in a Mac with Snow Leopar, mp-gcc45, and Xcode 3.2.6.
Now, I've just upgraded to Lion, and when I try to compile with mp-gcc45, I
get the message:

gfortran: error trying to exec 'as': execvp: No such file or directory

I wonder what is going wrong. Xcode is installed, v.2.6.2. (I checked it out
in the Developer folder)

Here follows the output of port select gcc:

$ port select gcc
Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider using
selfupdate
Available versions for gcc:
 gcc40
gcc42