GCC Version

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Thu Jul 21 09:21:04 PDT 2011

On Jul 21, 2011, at 9:07 AM, Paul C wrote:

> On 21/07/11 16:59, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>>
>> gcc45 does specify those --with-* options.
>> gcc46 doesn't build gfortran, so it shouldn't be checking for that.
>
> $ port info gcc46
> gcc46 @4.6-20110325, Revision 1 (lang)
> Variants:             gfortran, java, (-)universal

>                      BETA version and does not have all available language front ends enabled.
>
> sudo port install gcc46

Ah, I didn't realize that gcc had a variant to enable gfortran and java ...

Your email from 50 minutes ago (*:29) mentions that you see this issue with gcc45 as well, but I see that you have gcc45 installed in your bugzilla report.

Since you're dealing with ppc64, I don't have expectation that these issues will be addressed any time soon, but you might want to try clang and apple-gcc42