xCode 4.1 ?

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Thu Jul 21 20:06:06 PDT 2011

On Jul 21, 2011, at 14:29, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2011, at 15:37, Tabitha McNerney wrote:
>
>> Hello, I saw the mention that there might be some 'port pkg' issues with Lion. Generally, is there any idea how many ports this affects? It might be nice to have some statistics such as "x% of ports are affected by this Lion issue" or something like that?
>
> I would expect 100% of ports are affected by this issue when using the command "port pkg" and 0% of ports are affected by this issue when using other port commands that have nothing to do with packaging like "port install".
>

>> Otherwise, how's it going with installing ports on Lion?
>
> Probably there are hundreds of broken ports at this time, since Lion just came out yesterday. It will probably be months before most of them are fixed (and years until they all are, based on experience with past OS upgrades). If you want a stable system, don't upgrade to Lion at this time.

FWIW, these ports work on Lion (they're the ones I install ... I haven't tried testing random ports) ... gnome and firefox require the dangerous libnotify workaround for now (you can always undo the workaround and your system will be fine ... it's only necessary during build)...

VLC
Xft2
XviD
a52dec