GCC Version

Paul C crispy1975 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 01:59:35 PDT 2011

Coming back to an earlier post and after doing some more reading I have
found the following...

On 21/07/11 16:59, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>> Irritatingly both gcc45 and gcc46 fail with the following output...
>>
>> checking for the correct version of gmp.h... yes
>> checking for the correct version of mpfr.h... yes
>> checking for the correct version of mpc.h... yes
>> checking for the correct version of the gmp/mpfr/mpc libraries... no
>> configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.2+, MPFR 2.3.1+ and MPC 0.8.0+.
>> Try the --with-gmp, --with-mpfr and/or --with-mpc options to specify
>> their locations.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/error-in-installing-gcc-4-5-0-a-818033/

As detailed in the forum thread in the link the problem I get installing
gcc is not specific to ppc or to MacPorts. It would seem to be a generic
problem across platforms that shows up.

I know I have all the correct versions of the required libraries
installed as you can see the header files have checked out ok.