staging failing on local Portfile for GCC 4.6.1

doug livesey biot023 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 03:23:08 PDT 2011

You did indeed, but I misunderstood, sorry.
So I created the file needed in the files subdir, as you suggested, and the
install has succeeded.
I did get an error when the port tried to activate, which may have been due
to my altering some things (mainly the port name to gcc461, and the version
(and files versions) to 4.6.1), but running "port -f activate gcc461" as the
error message suggested seemed to fix this.
So it appears to be installed (as gcc-mp-4.6.1). I'll test it out compiling
some code later today.
Meantime, thankyou *very* much for your advice and patience -- as you can
probably guess, I'm something of a ports n00b.
Cheers,
   Doug.